Eric Bernard Iverson is a co-owner of Jsoftware, primary implementer of J's session environment, and son of Ken Iverson. Before starting Jsoftware he contributed to SHARP APL as an implementor and development manager at IPSA.
Iverson left his studies at Yale University in 1968 to join I.P. Sharp Associates, where he did implementation work on APL\1130 and a rewrite of APL\360 for small machines. His work with Larry Breed on a shared file system for APL was demonstrated by Al Rose and Breed at APL70, the second APL conference. Among other management positions, Iverson managed SHARP APL development from 1974 to 1984.
Iverson left I.P. Sharp in 1990 to found Iverson Software, Inc., which would later be named Jsoftware. Iverson has worked on various IDEs for J including the original Windows-based environment, GTK- and Qt-based IDEs, and the HTML-based JHS, and is a co-developer of the Jd database management system. In 1999 he was appointed CTO of Adaytum Software, a company which relied heavily on J.
- IPSA '78: The Commercializing of APL\360 and some Plans for its Future.
- IPSA '80: The Integration of APL into the Larger World of Data Processing.
- SATN-46: Enhancements Provided in Update #1 to the May 1983 Release of SHARP APL. 1983-08-05.
- Dyalog '11 G08: Vstar: A high-performance, full-featured database system implemented in J
- Hui, Roger. "APL Quotations and Anecdotes". Accessed 2020-04-30.
- Breed, Larry. How We Got To APL\1130. Vector journal 22:3, p.68. 2006-08.
- York University. APL@50 Invited Speakers. 2012. Accessed 2020-04-30.
- Korn, Karl. "APL Community Meets at NASA". APL Quote-Quad Vol. 2, No. 2. 1970-07-10.
- Hui, Roger. "Remembering Ken Iverson". 2004-11.
- Faust, Anne. Press Release - Iverson Software Inc. J forums. 1999-08-09.
|APL community |
|Activities||Dyalog user meetings ∙ Dyalog webinars ∙ APL Problem Solving Competition ∙ Conferences ∙ Iverson Award ∙ Code golf ∙ APL Cultivation ∙ APL Seeds|
|User groups||APL Borealis (Canada) ∙ APL et J (France) ∙ APL-Germany ∙ BAA (UK) ∙ FinnAPL (Finland) ∙ JAPLA (Japan) ∙ SAUG (Switzerland) ∙ SIGAPL (USA) ∙ SwedAPL (Sweden)|
|People||Phil Abrams ∙ Bob Bernecky ∙ Larry Breed ∙ Charles Brenner ∙ Jim Brown ∙ Adám Brudzewsky ∙ Gitte Christensen ∙ Philip Van Cleave ∙ Peter Donnelly ∙ Dan Dyer ∙ Adin Falkoff ∙ Garth Foster ∙ Roger Hui ∙ Ken Iverson ∙ Morten Kromberg ∙ Marshall Lochbaum ∙ Eugene McDonnell ∙ John McPherson ∙ Jon McGrew ∙ Donald McIntyre ∙ Roger Moore ∙ Alex Morrow ∙ Alan Perlis ∙ Al Rose ∙ William Rutiser ∙ John Scholes ∙ Ian Sharp ∙ Lynne Shaw ∙ Bob Smith ∙ Geoff Streeter ∙ Roy Sykes ∙ Raymond Tisserand ∙ Arthur Whitney ∙ Clark Wiedmann|
|Other||APL Orchard ∙ Subreddits ∙ APL Wiki ∙ Blogs ∙ Forums ∙ Books ∙ Papers ∙ APL Quote Quad|