Anne-Birgitte Christensen discovered APL in 1983. After graduating as a research biologist, she was offered 6 months of training in EDP (Electronic Data Processing). When exposed to APL she immediately fell in love and never looked back. Since then she has worked as an APL consultant, headed development and sales of commercial software based on APL and finally in 2005 ended up where she started, at Dyalog Ltd. – but this time as the CEO.
Dyalog user meetings
Christensen has generally given an opening statements every year in her role as CEO, mirroring the technical direction presentation by CTO/CXO Morten Kromberg.
- Dyalog '05: Welcome and overview of Version 11 (with Morten Kromberg)
- Dyalog '07 01: Dyalog Today and Tomorrow (Opening Session)
- Dyalog '08 01: Welcome
- Dyalog '08 07: Educating New APLers
- Dyalog '08 25: Closing Session (with Morten Kromberg)
- Dyalog '09 01: Welcome and Opening Statement
- Dyalog '09 09: A New Introductory Book on APL (with Bernard Legrand)
- Dyalog '09 18: Selling Proposition for APL
- Dyalog '11 D01: Welcome!
- Dyalog '11 D17: See You in Elsinore for Dyalog '12 (with Morten Kromberg)
- Dyalog '12 D01: Welcome!
- Dyalog '12 C01: Managing External Data I
- Dyalog '12 C05: Managing External Data II (with Bjørn Christensen)
- Dyalog '12 C09: Managing External Data III (with Dan Baronet
- Dyalog '13 D01: Welcome to Dyalog '13 (slides)
- Dyalog '14 D01: Welcome (slides)
- Dyalog '14 D11: The SharpPlot Chart Wizard (slides) (with Nicolas Delcros)
- Dyalog '15 D01: Welcome to Dyalog '15 (slides)
- Dyalog '16 D01: Welcome to Dyalog '16 (slides)
- Dyalog '16 L11: 50 Years of APL
- Dyalog '16 TP04: Data Visualisation (with John Daintree, Nicolas Delcros, and Adám Brudzewsky)
- Dyalog '17 D01: Welcome to Dyalog '17 (slides)
- Dyalog '18 D01: Welcome to Dyalog '18 (slides)
- Dyalog '19 D01: Welcome to Dyalog '19 (slides)
- Dyalog '20 D01: Welcome to Dyalog '20 (slides)