APL ∊ BCN
APL ∊ BCN is a user group based in Barcelona started by Michail Liarmakopoulos in late November 2021. Its activities are currently exclusively online due to the continuing impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, but plans exist for transitioning to regular physical meetups in Barcelona every second month, with additional online events every one–three months.
It is the first user group based in a country where Spanish is the majority language, but meetings will be held in English to be as accessible as possible.
The group was founded with the goals of:
- spreading knowledge of APL and the array family of programming languages.
- spreading knowledge about Ken Iverson and other people involved in the development of APL.
- sharing knowledge related to the intersection of mathematics and programming.
- fostering a friendly community of people interested in array programming.
- The group organizes two distinct types of meetings: general meetings and historical APL paper reading meetings.
- Discussions take place in IRC (LiberaChat server), #apl_in_bcn.
|2021-12-18||19:00–20:30 CET||APL: A different Programming Language||How to keep calm and not be afraid of the glyphs, monadic and dyadic functions, operators, function axis||Meetup||Zoom: 758 323 8770||01:42:01||N/A|
|2022-01-29||19:00-20:30 CET||J: A modern math-oriented APL||An introduction to J for the mathematically curious.||Meetup||Zoom: 865 2867 0782||01:19:28||Code|
Historical APL paper reading group
|2022-04-09||19:00-20:30 CEST||APL ∊ BCN - meet #3||"Is APL epidemic? or a study of its growth through an extended bibliography", J.C. Rault, G. Demars, APL '72||Meetup||Zoom: 847 7983 4648||01:00:22||Markdown||N/A|
|2022-09-17||19:00-20:30 CEST||APL ∊ BCN - meet #4||"Notation as a Tool of Thought", K. E. Iverson, (Part I: ch0, ch1)||Meetup||Zoom: 829 3273 0751||01:02:10||Markdown||N/A|
|2022-10-??||Prerecorded||APL ∊ BCN - meet #5||"Notation as a Tool of Thought", K. E. Iverson, (Part II: ch2)||N/A||N/A||TBD||TBD||N/A|
|2022-11-??||Prerecorded||APL ∊ BCN - meet #6||"Notation as a Tool of Thought", K. E. Iverson, (Part III: ch3, ch4a)||N/A||N/A||TBD||TBD||N/A|
|2022-12-??||Prerecorded||APL ∊ BCN - meet #7||"Notation as a Tool of Thought", K. E. Iverson, (Part IV: ch4b, ch5)||N/A||N/A||TBD||TBD||N/A|