This page lists some resources for learning how to implement array languages. See also the list of open-source array languages, which links to implementations in a wide variety of styles and languages.
- Let's build a simple interpreter for APL series (currently incomplete) on Mathspp Blog
- Slides and talk by Rob Pike about implementing ivy
- Bunda-Gerth parsing, implemented with commentary as parse in the dfns workspace
- Parsing and Execution in the J dictionary
- APL In Exposition, from page 54 down
- J Incunabulum is the initial partial implementation of J
Because traditional APL does not have a context-free grammar, the language must be modified or restricted in some way to allow it to be compiled. K and BQN have context-free grammars, making them immediately suitable for compilation.