This page is open for declarations of ability to provide APL consultancy, availability for hire, and job openings.
Note that this page is not for communication about the listing, so make sure to include contact information.
While this page is monitored and moderated, as per the general disclaimers, APL Wiki takes no responsibility for its content, nor is any listing here endorsed by APL Wiki, its contributors, or its sponsors.
Available: APL programmer with extensive experience (added: 2021-03-04)
I have been interested in APL for 42 years, and have been a programmer for 35 years, using NARS2000 APL for the last decade and half or so.
I'm in Baltimore, Maryland, USA, and I'm not really able to travel. Since our department imploded, I haven't been able to find a job in my field because the languages I know, no one hires for, and the ones they are looking for, I don't have job experience in. No one wants to take me on as entry level, because I have too much experience, so I have been working as a math tutor since the summer of '19. I do, however, know APL. For example, I solved 121 of the project Euler problems using it.
Contact me on LinkedIn if you have an opening for me.
Needed: APL Developer with strong working knowledge of APL (added: 2021-03-08)
The APL Developer works with a group of associates within the Technical Operations and Product Engineering teams who advise InvestCloud financial management clients on industry best practices related to trading proposal, reporting and workflow while also providing daily support for existing customized solutions. Under general supervision, our developers follow standard practices and procedures to analyze, modify, test and support application software systems. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, motivated and brings enthusiasm to his/her work with "can do" attitude to join our growing team. This role will expose you to a wide variety of technologies and you can expect to be helping to provide solutions to complex problems.
Available: workshops in APL (added: 2021-04-03)
Despite working for Dyalog Ltd. almost full-time, Rodrigo also organises and promotes academic workshops on subjects related to mathematics and programming. Some of those workshops are a great way of introducing people to APL. Feel free to take a look at some past workshops Rodrigo has led if you need inspiration or contact him if you would like Rodrigo to organise one of these workshops for you/a group you represent.
Needed: APL Developer (added: 2021-06-07)
This is Vinny Sanchez from Genzeon Corporation.
We are looking to fill a APL developer with one of our Direct clients. If you are interested, please share your updated resume ASAP.
Job Title: APL developer Location: Remote/ Occasional travel to Philadelphia, PA for meetings Duration: 12–24 Months contract
Job Description: Searching for an APL developer, mostly maintenance/support but some new coding for enhancements, etc..
The client runs an older COLI/BOLI system (SOLAR) that still pays out on policies bought during the 80’s and 90’s. COLI/BOLI is corporate/bank owned life insurance. Companies/banks/etc bought life insurance policies on their employees and customers as long-term investments. They don’t sell them anymore, but they must pay out on them until they all expire. The solar system manages all those policies and was written in APL. It scrapes the social security database every night to see if any policy holder names died the day before and then processes the policy payout.
Vinny Sanchez | Sr Technical Recruiter Direct: 484-713-8976 Email: Vinny.Sanchez@genzeon.com
Needed: Video editing volunteer (added: 2021-07-05)
BAA needs help editing the recordings of their webinars so they may be published on YouTube. If you have even basic video editing skills and are interested in watching these recordings anyway, then this may well be a good task for you. Note that this is an unpaid volunteer job.
Needed: APL programmers in various locations (added: 2022-05-16)
|Software Engineer (Developer)||Kyiv, UA; Warsaw, PL||2022-11-30 08:00|
|Software Engineer (Developer)||Kyiv, UA; Warsaw, PL||2023-02-01 08:00|
|Software Engineer, C#, OCaml and APL||Warsaw, PL|
|Senior Software Engineer||Kyiv, UA|
|Business oriented Software Engineer||Kyiv, UA|
Needed: Senior Software Engineer (added: 2022-05-20)
InvestCloud is looking for an APL-experienced Senior Software Engineer with additional skills in MSSQL/Oracle, Java, AIX, & Linux or Shell scripting. Leadership position.
The Job Posting can be found here.
Needed: Data Team APL Developer (added: 2022-07-26)
BIG is a fast-growing Inventory Analysis and Merchandising Consulting firm specializing in the retail jewelry industry. We have a web-based, subscription-based suite of products that provide insight into merchandising decisions for retail jewelers and manufacturers. We also aggregate retail jewelry data which we sell to manufacturers and other companies providing services to the jewelry industry.
We are looking to fill an immediate need for a developer in the Data Team. This team processes incoming data from dozens of different kinds of services in dozens of formats and configurations. The team also creates customizations for each customer and user of the data. Additionally, the team creates export data for a variety of customers. We have a fast-paced, Agile environment using the latest technology, methodologies, and tools.
This is a full-time, remote position. Applicants should be based in USA.
Excellent English language skills required.
Please send resume with list of references to HR@bigjewelers.com.
Job responsibilities would include:
- Importing and converting incoming data
- We integrate with dozens of different systems. Each comes in with different files and formats and content.
- Create processes for importing this data for upload into the master database
- Use existing processes as templates for new integrations of the same type
- Work closely with the integration team to adjust requirements for needed data
- Troubleshoot errors or misconfigurations in the data
- Customizing data for customers
- Work with the business teams understand and design customizations of customer data
- Code the changes to existing processes
- Troubleshooting – research and fix errors in the data or processing of the data
Tech Skills - Required:
- Experience in APL, J, or similar array-oriented languages
- Basic experience with SQL and relational databases
- Experience in the conversion and manipulation of data in various file formats, such as CSV, Excel, JSON, XML, etc.
- Superior analytical skills
- Ability to effectively work remotely
- Ability to switch from task to task as needed
- Ability to work with large files
Tech Skills - Nice to Have:
- Dyalog APL and/or IBM APL2
- Agile methodologies
- Source control, GIT, SourceTree, VS Code
- Web-enabled technologies and tools
- Cloud Computing / Cloud Services Experience
- Object-oriented programming
- API Integration
Please direct resumes and inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Needed: Translate Economic System to APL (added: 2022-09-08)
I'm working on a system of incentives that makes it only profitable for companies to do good, and a set of tools that allow communities to define for themselves what counts as good. If this seems interesting, there's more context here.
I've built a toy version of the system in a tool called Coda. Coda has a nice interface and a minimalist formula language, however, it's not amenable to mathematical proof.
I believe that re-implementing the process found there into APL would be illuminating from a research perspective.
I'd like to hire a skilled APLer who can write idiomatic APL. I'm very interested in the deep mathematical insights that converting to APL might yield.
I recognize that this is likely to be a very challenging task. It will require reverse engineering a system you've never seen before, and considering the high level game theory of the system.
Here's what the system looks like to be reverse engineered:
And there's a second bit that I'd also like to capture.
If you'd like to find a time to connect, here's a booking link for 15 minutes.
Needed: System Administrator/Enterprise Architect (added: 2023-08-17)
Dyalog Ltd is looking to add another person to our IT team; the company has grown a lot and we need to add extra capacity. The role will include assisting the IT Manager with looking after the company IT infrastructure, providing internal technical support to the staff, and setting IT objectives and strategies for the company.
The role will intially comprise first line IT support and strategic planning; later it will include implementation of new information/knowledge management in the organisation.
The role is mostly based in our office in Bramley, Hampshire, and the hours of work are 9am - 5.30pm, Monday to Friday, with occasional additional hours as and when required. Travel outside the UK for work related events is a part of the role.
- Salary £30-35K (final salary will depend on extent of experience, qualifications, and skill set)
- 22 days holiday plus public holidays
- Group Life Assurance scheme
- Private Healthcare
- Company Share Incentive Plan
- Workplace Pension
- Managing Microsoft 365 users/applications
- Installing, monitoring, and maintaining internal systems/applications
- Identifying areas of improvement within the IT infrastructure
- Helping to develop and implement a knowledge/information management strategy
- First line of IT support for internal users
- Troubleshooting system/network problems, diagnosing and solving software issues
Requirements and skills:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with others and to stay calm under pressure
- Strong critical thinking skills to solve complicated problems
- Experience working within a similar role or relevant education
- Familiarity with all major operating systems (Microsoft Windows, macOS, Linux)
Knowledge of the following would be preferred but is not essential:
- Windows domain controllers (AzureAD/EntraID)
- Microsoft 365 user/application administration
- Scripting (Bash/Python/PowerShell/Batch)
- Web technologies (HTML/CSS/JS/PHP)
- Maintaining VOIP systems
If you think you might have the right skills for this role, please forward your CV to email@example.com.