As I once said elsewhere, UltraEdit is getting bigger and slower with every new version. The number of options in the configuration is beyond hope of being mastered by human beings. The menu commands, well...
Let's spot the obvious: UltraEdit is terminally ill due to a special desease which many software packages manage to attract: featurities.
UltraEdit made it easy for me to change to a different editor anyway: when I tried to edit the Apachy configuration file on the APL wiki's server, all my efforts had no effect at all. Looking into the configuration file with Notepad discovered the truth: UltraEdit pretended to let me edit the config file, but it didn't: the config file remained unchanged. Even after a reboot UltraEdit still showed me my changes but didn't save them in the right file.
As it turned out, UltraEdit made use of a feature called "VirtualStore" which was introduced in Windows Server 2008 by Microsoft, although Microsoft certainly didn't expect any application to make use of that feature in the way UltraEdit did when I discovered the bug.
So, finally, I am going to change - see Notepad++
-- KaiJaeger 2010-01-31 21:36:08