Jump to navigation Jump to search
APL is fun and the APL community is very friendly and open-minded.
He firmly believes that APL is a great tool to teach mathematics and in general to reason with.
- Pythonista with an interest in functional (Scheme), declarative (Prolog, SQL), iversonian (APL, J) and rapid numerics (PARI/GP) languages.
- In his free time he enjoys going out with good friends trying out the local cuisine, reading books in English or Greek and Wikipedia lemmas in languages where he's still at a level ∊ ]A0, A1[, such as: Español, Catalá, French, Русский, but which he'd love to learn bit by bit, expanding thus the interval to the semi-closed interval ]A0, A1].
- Finally, he loves diving every day deeper and deeper in APL, as well as creating small programming projects that combine not so widely used languages (Scheme, Prolog, APL, J, PARI/GP) that solve some weird problem in mathematics or physics.
- Spent the most important years of his life at the island of Crete where he studied Physics at a bachelors' level and graduated at 2010.
- After a short trip in Europe during the period 2011-2013 he returned to Patras. There he studied Mathematics at a masters' level and after that he got a job at InSyBio, a bioinformatics startup as a scientific python developer.
- On late December of 2019 he got a job offer from Webhelp Spain, and moved to Barcelona, Catalonia along with his partner and their cat.
- Most Greek friends call him Μιχάλη and most non Greek friends call him Mike.