Talk:Family tree of array languages
The reduced version is smaller but still pretty difficult to navigate. I think the following languages could be cut without any important loss:
- dzaima/BQN is just another BQN implementation.
- RAD and Rowan are very obscure and not all that APL-like. As is I; the only reason to keep it would be BQN influence.
- No reason to separate A and A+. I think this actually cuts a level of depth from the tree.
- Dyalog's page says it's influenced by SHARP, not SAX; SAX's page should probably be changed.
- PPL and Speakeasy are pretty obscure, and not needed to explain APL's influence on S and MATLAB.
On the other hand, IDL is strongly influenced by APL and is common in many scientific fields. Maybe it should be included.