- 1 Introductions
- 2 How to's
Some of the best resources for somebody new to APL and programming in general are:
- The Learn tab on TryAPL
- The book Mastering Dyalog APL by Bernard Legrand
- The APL Cultivation Stack Exchange Lessons
- The Zark APL Tutor
Follow one or a couple of these tutorials through and play around a bit. To learn APL the advice is similar to that for learning other languages: have a goal (something you want to accomplish) and try to do it. Along the way you are sure to come across the pitfalls and gotchas of the language, and with time you may come to understand what APL thinking means.
If you get stuck, don't hesitate to ask your questions in the APL Orchard chat room.
For non-APL programmers
This is a list of tutorials and other resources of interest to someone who knows about programming or is familiar with another programming language, but wants to learn more about APL.
- APL Cultivation (chat lessons)
- TryAPL online interpreter with lessons
- Learn X in Y minutes
- Fear and Loathing with APL
- APL in 20 Minutes
- A Short Intro to APL
- Let's Learn A Programming Language
- APLWiki list of Books and Publications
- Mastering Dyalog APL
- GitHub repository
- Zark tutorial
- Trying APL
- Artificial Neural Networks