Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ian Patrick Sharp (1932 – July 16, 2021) founded I. P. Sharp Associates in December 1964 with the other members of the team (Roger Moore, Ted McDorman, Don Smith, David Oldacre, Brian Daly, and James McSherry) and David Butler shortly after. Sharp remained president at the company until his retirement in 1989, although Reuters purchased the company in 1987. He was considered a major guiding force for IPSA and helped to produce its collaborative and innovative culture. Sharp was awarded the 1985 Iverson Award along with Dan Dyer of STSC.
I.P. Sharp was held together by electronics and camaraderie. And Ian.
- ↑ Eric Iverson. Ian Sharp — 1932-2021. Jsoftware programming forum. 2021-07-17.
- ↑ Morten Kromberg. "Thank You Ian Sharp". Dyalog blog. 2021-07-29.
- ↑ Roger Hui. Ian Sharp Quotations and Anecdotes. Accessed 2021-07-18.
- ↑ Bob Bernecky. J forum post. 2021-07-18.
- ↑ Lib Gibson. Presentation at IPSA50. 2004-10-04.