APL Wiki was launched at the end of 2006 as a MoinMoin wiki. It was created and maintained by Kai Jäger of APL Team Ltd, and its logo derives from that of APL Team. In 2019, APL Wiki was reborn as a MediaWiki site, this time with content more in the style of Wikipedia. It is now maintained by Richard Park, but is not directly affiliated with any particular individuals, companies, or organisations. Migration of content from the old APL Wiki is ongoing.
We welcome any and all contributions to APL Wiki, as long as they adhere to the general content standard as observed in existing pages. Currently, many links lead to pages that as of yet do not exist. Creating and populating these missing pages is especially appreciated.
MediaWiki documentation applies. Especially useful for you as a (new) contributor are:
Keep these rules in mind:
- This wiki is for general information about the APL programming language. Pages about other programming languages should be from the perspective of APL, even if they are array-oriented, as they merit their own wikis, which e.g. J has.
- Except when about a specific dialect, articles should strive to be dialect neutral, although examples that only work in one or a few dialects are perfectly acceptable. Do not try to document a dialect; that'd require a separate wiki, which e.g. NARS2000 has.
- Make sure your changes are accurate. If you think something needs explaining but you're not 100% sure what the explanation should be, mention it on the page's Discussion tab.
- Avoid "thread mode", where you simply add your thoughts to a page without taking the trouble to make the page a unified whole. Of course, this doesn't apply to Discussion and user pages.
- Follow our formatting guidelines.
In the discussion tab, your voice is just one of many and you are free to express yourself as you wish, but please be nice.
|APL community |
|Sharing code||List of open source software ∙ APLcart ∙ APLTree|
|User groups||APL Borealis (Canada) ∙ APL et J (France) ∙ APL-Germany ∙ BAA (UK) ∙ FinnAPL (Finland) ∙ JAPLA (Japan) ∙ SAUG (Switzerland) ∙ SIGAPL (USA) ∙ SwedAPL (Sweden)|
|Forums||APL2000 DN ∙ APLX Support Forum ∙ Dyalog Forum ∙ NARS2000 Forum|
|People||Phil Abrams ∙ Bob Bernecky ∙ Larry Breed ∙ Charles Brenner ∙ Jim Brown (IBM) ∙ Gitte Christensen ∙ Philip Van Cleave ∙ Peter Donnelly ∙ Dan Dyer ∙ Adin Falkoff ∙ Garth Foster ∙ Roger Hui ∙ Ken Iverson ∙ Morten Kromberg ∙ Gene McDonnell ∙ John McPherson ∙ Jon McGrew ∙ Donald McIntyre ∙ Roger Moore ∙ Alex Morrow ∙ Alan Perlis ∙ Al Rose ∙ William Rutiser ∙ John Scholes ∙ Ian Sharp ∙ Lynne Shaw ∙ Bob Smith ∙ Roy Sykes ∙ Raymond Tisserand ∙ Arthur Whitney ∙ Clark Wiedmann|
|Other||APL Orchard ∙ APL Wiki ∙ Dyalog user meetings ∙ Iverson Award ∙ APL conferences ∙ Code golf|