- This article is about the conference. For the chat lesson series, see APL Orchard#APL Seeds.
APL Seeds is an online conference held by Dyalog Ltd., aimed at new and prospective users of APL. It consists of half a day with brief overviews of the language, introductions to available resources, and demonstrations of cases where APL has been successfully applied. The sessions are recorded and later released on dyalog.tv. Immediately after the final session, there is an informal open discussion room where everyone, including non-presenting attendees, can talk.
APL Seeds serves as a complement to the Dyalog user meeting which is mainly aimed at and attended by existing APL users, especially professionals.
APL Seeds '21
APL Seeds '21 was held online on 31st March 2021.
- D01: Welcome to APL Seeds '21, Gitte Christensen, Managing Director (CEO), and Richard Park (GC slides, RP slides, video (23 mins))
- D02: Will You Play APL With Me?, Rodrigo Gerrão Serrão (Jupyter Notebook: TryAPL, download; video (45 mins))
- U01: How an APL Prototype Helped Designing a Service, Martin Janiczek, GWI (Czech Republic) (slides, video)
- U02: Algorithms as a Tool of Thought, Conor Hoekstra, Nvidia (Canada) (slides, code, video (45 mins))
- U03: Simulation and Gaming with APL, Tomas Gustafsson, Stormwind Ab Oy (Finland) (materials, video (66 mins))