APL ∊ BCN
APL ∊ BCN is a user group based in Barcelona started by Michail Liarmakopoulos in late November 2021. Its activities are currently exclusively online due to the continuing impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, but plans exist for transitioning to regular physical meetups in Barcelona every four weeks, with additional online events every two–three weeks.
It is the first user group based in a country where Spanish is the majority language, but meetings will be held in English to be as accessible as possible.
The group was founded with the goals of:
- spreading knowledge of APL and the array family of programming languages.
- spreading knowledge about Ken Iverson and other people involved in the development of APL.
- sharing knowledge related to the intersection of mathematics and programming.
- fostering a friendly community of people interested in array programming.
The group organises three distinct types of meetings: general meetings, a historical APL paper reading group, and a general reading group.
The password is, in python code: int(100000*sqrt(3)).
- Solution in APL.
- Solution in J: tio.run/##y/oPBIYGIKBlHGeoagQA.
|2021-12-18||19:00–20:30 CET||APL: A different Programming Language||How to keep calm and not be afraid of the glyphs, monadic and dyadic functions, operators, function axis||Meetup||Zoom: 758 323 8770||01:42:01|
|2022-01-29||19:00-20:30 CET||J: A modern math-oriented APL||An introduction to J for the mathematically curious.||Meetup||Zoom: 865 2867 0782||TBD||TBD|
Historical APL paper reading group
General reading group
- Official website
- Official theme song ("My nuclear/own power" – chosen for, as a hymn to the platonic realm of ideas, being fitting for mathematics and APL)