Arrays and Objects: APL 2007
The APL 2007 conference, sponsored by ACM SIGAPL, has as its principal theme "Arrays and Objects" and, appropriately, is co-located with OOPSLA 2007, in Montreal this October.
APL 2007 starts with a tutorial day on Sunday, October 21, followed by a two-day program on Monday and Tuesday, October 22 and 23.
APLers are welcome to attend OOPSLA program events on Monday and Tuesday (and OOPSLA attendees are welcome to come to APL program events).
Registrants at APL 2007 can add full OOPSLA attendance at a favorable price.
- Sunday Oct 21 Tutorials
- Monday, Tuesday Oct 22,23 APL 2007 program
- Monday-Friday Oct 22-26 OOPSLA program
APL 2007 keynote speaker: Guy Steele, Sun Microsystems Laboratories
- Using objects within APL
- Array language practicum
- Intro to [language] for other-language users
- ( We expect that there will be at least one introductory tutorial on "classic" APL, and hope to have introductions to a variety of array languages )
We solicit papers and proposals for tutorials, panels and workshops on all aspects of array-oriented programming and languages; this year we have particular interest in the themes of:
- integrating the use of arrays and objects
- languages that support the use of arrays as a central and thematic technique
- marketplace and education: making practitioners aware of array thinking and array languages
Our interest is in the essential use of arrays in programming in any language (though our historical concern has been the APL family of languages: classic APL, J, K, NIAL, ....).
- Tutorial, panel, and workshop proposals, and notice of intent to submit papers, are due by Friday June 15, to the Program Chair.
- Contributed papers, not more than 10 pages in length, are due by Monday, July 23, to the Program Chair. Details of form of submission can be obtained from the program chair.
- Deadline for detailed tutorial/panel/workshop information TBA.
Cost (to SIGAPL and ACM members, approximate $US, final cost TBA)
- APL2007 registration $375
- Tutorial day $250
- Single conference days $200
- Opening reception Monday
- Others TBA
Palais de Congres, Montreal, Quebec, CANADA
Hyatt Regency Montreal
General Chair: Guy Laroque Guy.Laroque@nrcan.gc.ca
Program Chair: Lynne C. Shaw Shaw@ACM.org
Treasurer: Steven H. Rogers Steve@SHRogers.com
Publicity: Mike Kent MKent@ACM.org
OOPSLA 2007 http://www.oopsla.org/oopsla2007
Palais de Congres http://www.congresmtl.com/
Hyatt Regency Montreal http://montreal.hyatt.com
ACM SIGAPL http://www.sigapl.org
Let us know what you'd like to see in the area below.