APL Tutorial - Discussion
Add comments and suggestions to this page. Admins will take notice.
Any chance of mentioning this free interpreter?
1. It is about core language features i.e. no GUI builder, no IDE (use del for editing functions- still supported by APLX), no component files etc.
2. It is one expressly designed for learning APL and all the examples work with APL2, APL+Win, Visual APL(allowing for io default being 0) and Dyalog (ml set to 3).
3. It has a workspace called IDIOMS. This is a list of 2nd generation APL idioms i.e goes beyond FinnAPL.
- TryAPL2 has problems under certain OS
- It is not exactly sexy, to put it mildly
- With NARS2000 there is a much better Open Source interpreter available
-- KaiJaeger 2009-08-21 12:47:08