Fire Project Page
Fire Project Page
- Future Enhancements
- 2.8.2 from 2013-08-10
- 2.8.1 from 2013-08-10
- 2.8.0 from 2013-07-10
- 2.7.0 from 2013-04-15
- 2.6.0 from 2013-04-15
- 2.5.1 from 2013-04-03
- 2.5.0 from 2013-02-08
- 2.4.0 from 2013-02-03
- 2.3.0 from 2012-12-27
- 2.2.1 from 2012-12-20
- 2.2.0 from 2012-11-14
- 2.1.1 from 2012-11-08
- 2.1.0 from 2012-11-06
- 2.0.0 from 2012-10-21
- 1.3.5 from 2012-09-15
- 1.3.4 from 2012-09-11
- 1.3.3 from 2012-09-07
- 1.3.2 from 2012-09-01
- 1.3.1 from 2012-06-12
- 1.3.0 from 2012-06-03
- 1.2.1 from 2012-04-24
- 1.2.0 from 2012-04-18
- 1.1.0 from 2012-04-04
- 1.0.1 from 2012-04-02
- 1.0.0 from 2012-03-20
2.8.2 from 2013-08-10
Positioning the Fire form can go wrong with multiple monitors with the left-most not being the main monitor, quitting Fire, removing one monitor and then calling Fire again.
2.8.1 from 2013-08-10
- Large variables could break Fire with WS FULL or LIMIT ERROR. Now the variable is ignored and a warning is issued.
2.8.0 from 2013-07-10
- New context menu command in hit list: "Save object(s) for comparison..."
- Under certain and rare circumstances a scripted namespace was ignored by Fire.
- Bug fix: with the "Match APL name" option ticked under rare circumstances a name was rejected as invalid when it was perfectly fine.
2.7.0 from 2013-04-15
- Version 2.7.0 runs under version 13.0.
- With version 2.6 "Help" stopped working.
The autocomplete always offered all namespaces in the current workspace matching the search string. Starting with version 2.7.0 it offers just the ones of the same level.
- Under quite rare circumstances Fire crashed when it tried to compile an change preview.
2.6.0 from 2013-04-15
Note: version 2.6 needs 13.2 Unicode or better.
- A "Search" can now be cancelled by pressing the "Cancel" button. If that does not work for you then watch out for Dyalog Bug 9394
- There is no restriction anymore for searching a string in variables.
- Simple text matrices are now processed in a "Replace".
- When Fire's GUI would not appear on your screen, for example because you removed one of your two monitors and Fire's GUI was on on the removed monitor then Fire is now smart enough to detect the problem and center the GUI on the main monitor.
2.5.1 from 2013-04-03
Pressing <Enter> while a search operation was carried out by Fire repeated the search operation immediately. Now all keystrokes and mouse clicks are ignored by the Fire GUI while a search is carried out.
2.5.0 from 2013-02-08
- With version 13.1 of Dyalog edit windows opened from the Fire GUI became modal.
- Deleting rows from the hit list did not pass the focus to another row in a sensible way.
2.4.0 from 2013-02-03
- Changed lines can now be marked in several ways.
- The "Replace" window is re-sizable now.
- Bug fix regarding reporting: though replacing worked correctly, the reports failed under certain circumstances.
2.3.0 from 2012-12-27
- Compiling a "Preview" report is now twice as fast.
- The progress bar now delivers more details, including on compiling the "Preview" report.
- "Negate search" did not work properly when "search hit list" was not ticked and no hit was found.
- Sorting the hit list by column was very slow when the hit list is large.
- Under some circumstances pressing "Restore defaults" made Fire crash.
- The report on hits crashed if the only hits found were in variables.
2.2.1 from 2012-12-20
- The "Negate" option did not work at all when there was no hit.
The Version method did not return a three-item-vector with name/version/date; the name was missing.
2.2.0 from 2012-11-14
Fire now supports the new version of acre.
- A couple of cosmetic changes that should improve the GUI.
- Some minor bug fixes.
2.1.1 from 2012-11-08
- Version 2.1.0 broke "Negate" searches.
2.1.0 from 2012-11-06
- This version comes with a new report "Report hits".
2.0.0 from 2012-10-21
Version 2.0.0 comes with a couple of new and one removed feature:
- "Replace by" can still be a simple string but it can now also be a vector of strings, effectively introducing new lines to the code.
- The new option "Match full lines only" allows you to identify just full lines for a match.
- The GUI got improved.
- The "Exclude" options were removed altogether. Too complex, too difficult to understand.
- Countless, though minor, bug fixes.
1.3.5 from 2012-09-15
- Pressing F1 as well as Ctrl+F1 in the "Replace" dialog did not work properly.
1.3.4 from 2012-09-11
- Fire referred hard-coded to version 13.0...
1.3.3 from 2012-09-07
Searching for a system name like ⎕WSID as a valid apl name did not work.
1.3.2 from 2012-09-01
- Bug fix: The "Call counter" command did not work properly.
- Test case added for the "Call counter" problem.
- The GUI displayed by the "Call Counter" command was left behind when Fire was closed.
1.3.1 from 2012-06-12
- Printing the name of an object from the hit list to the session (F4) made Fire crash.
1.3.0 from 2012-06-03
- The "Tell acre" check box got moved from the "Replace" to the main form because acre needs to be told about deletions as well.
- Help is available now via an "Info" button close to a control or a group of contrls.
- Couple of minor bug fixes.
1.2.1 from 2012-04-24
Key for moving focus to the hit list should have been <Ctrl+Home> but was <Home>.
1.2.0 from 2012-04-18
CompareIt! is not used any more for "All in one go" replacements. Instead an HTML page is displayed which emphasizes the changes in a better way. It's also possible now to exclude certain objects at this stage from the Replace operation.
- Scripted namespaces are now treated differently: they are treated like ordinary namespaces = as containers. Functions and operators stemming from a scripted namespace are marked in the hit list with a "Y" in the "S" (="Scripted"). The scripts itself do not make an appearance in the hit list any longer.
Regular expression were removed. The syntax of RegEx is too complex for this.
- A couple of bug fixes.
1.1.0 from 2012-04-04
- The context menu command "Remove all from namespace...." now offers a "remove also sub-namespaces" which was badly missed so far.
- Under certain circumstances the "But no comment" button could stay active and even checked when it should not.
- The "Exclude" group should tick "Nothing" when the group becomes inactive but did not under certain circumstances.
1.0.1 from 2012-04-02
- Bug in "Search headers only" fixed.
Under certain circumstances Fire would not find CompareIt! when it should.
- Bug in "Replace" fixed: replacing a scalar did not work.
1.0.0 from 2012-03-20